When you browse this site, the following information is recorded and made available to me:
- The pages you browse on this site
- The referring page or link you came from
- The search engine query you used to find the blog
- Your IP adddress
- Your machine name
- Your web browser version
- Your operating system
- The e-mail address you used to register
- Your user name if registered
The right to use or publicise any of the above information is reserved. However, unless there is good reason, information may be published in summarised form (such as 44% of browsers used are Firefox) or with no personal details (such as machine name or IP address) attached.
If you post a comment in the blog, your IP address plus the date and time you made the comment are recorded. If you vote in a blog poll your user name (if registered) and IP address are recorded.
This information is retained for at least a year and will in all circumstances release it to NZ authorities if presented with a warrant. It may be handed it over without a warrant also, if it appears a comment broke the law or was defamatory. All rights are reserved to do what we see fit with this information.
In 99.99% of all cases your personal information will be kept strictly confidential. However if you break the law, defame someone, then you have been warned!
Also you should be aware:
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to readers based on their visit to this website and other sites on the Internet.
- Google may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.